Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stay at Home Mommy

Well, it's Day 4 of my week at home with Chase. This has been SOO much fun, and I'm completely jealous of my many stay-at-home mommy friends. Granted, I've also been working while I'm here so, I don't even think I've been able to enjoy it quite as much. I've been able to get him back on schedule (Daycare has way too many distractions, so my boy wasn't eating as much as he could), and I get to hear him scream with joy when he plays with Luda and with his toys. I've been able to create a photobook to commemorate his first year of life-which will be available for his FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY in a few weeks! I really think that if I wasn't running back and forth to my computer to follow emails, me and Chase would be having even more fun-hanging out with the other kids I know!
Now, you are all asking; "Why is she at home?". Let me explain. Chase has been in daycare for about 3 1/2 months, and Chase has been consistently sick for 3 1/2 months. The final straw: He contracted Hand,Foot, and Mouth disease! He got the lesser of the illness, so he's been technically OVER it since Saturday-but it takes 7-10 days to fully recover. We also wanted to see if he could get over his ear infections, diaper rash, and this Herpangina(technical term, we think that's an odd name too). I think we've realized that even though the daycare has good intentions and they LOVE Chase, he just needs to be in a home environment for MY sanity and his health!
Tomorrow is the final day of my hiatus, and then on Monday he gets to hang out with a VERY GENEROUS stay-at-home mommy that is going to watch him and her 2 others hopefully for good! Pray that this arrangement is God-driven, and that Chase gets the nutrition and love he truly deserves. I LOVE MY LITTLE BOY! Gotta go, Chase wants to start typing and he keeps deleting what I type!

Later!

3 comments:

Justin said...

yea!!! sounds like a great plan:) i will pray that it all works out well.

the corsos said...

Can't wait to see you peeps in a few weeks! (No..I didn't mean for that to rhyme!)

The Awalts said...

I'm so happy to hear that your new arrangement is working out. I'll pray that it continues! I'm sure Chase loves his new friends.