Saturday, June 14, 2008

May 17, 2008 - Chase turns One

I know, I know...we know it is June and Chases' birthday was almost a month ago, but we have just so busy, it hard to keep up with some things. As of today, I still don't have my car back, but I should have it within the next week or so, so that is good...I can't stand driving this Kia Rondo. I don't know if it's a SUV or a minivan...bottomline, it's not my car.

We are so proud of Chase, and he is just so much fun to be with, and we are definately blessed to have such a wonderful child. His birthday was what I would consider textbook. He played a little in the cake/ice cream, wasn't too interested in his presents, (so it became my birthday opening all the gifts), and seemed to enjoy the gift wrap more than the gifts. Thanks to everyone that came and helped us celebrate his 1st year of life.

So to stay ahead of the game, here are some things that are coming up for us in the next few weeks.
  1. Tonight we are going to Heather and Bobby's Couple Shower hosted by her Man of Honor, Johnathan...and no he isn't into men.

  2. Tomorrow is Father's Day, so we are teaching at church, then coming home and cooking out with my father-in-law and sister-in-law on my new grill!

  3. Next Saturday, we are going to DadFest at Texas Stadium for a 5k for me and Chases' 1st race as well! A crawling contest! Feel free to come and join, the website is http://dadfest.com/

  4. Last but now least, welcoming all the new babies into the world! Congrats to Angela and Justin on their new baby, as well as Tiffany and Brandon! Andy and Katie, Brett and Elizabeth and Josh and Erica!

1 comment:

The Awalts said...

I can't believe he is already one! He is SO cute! I'm sorry we keep missing you guys. We can't wait for you to meet Payton! We will be at church on Sunday. Maybe we can introduce Chase and Payton then!!