Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer, go away!!! ;)

I don't know what has gotten into me lately, I can't seem to keep myself out of the kitchen! I'm sure it has to do with being hungry ALL the time due to my Insane workout and nutrition suppliment, making me long for all the things that spit in the face of toning and chiselling my muscles :) I really have tried to be good, but summer just makes it so darn difficult!

My sweaty work-in-progress

Let's begin with my grandmother's homemade plum jelly, from plums she hand picked from her own orchard just last month--how do you NOT eat toast and jelly every morning when you have something like that. My Shakeology is/should be my morning meal every day. This leads me to the next problem...
I unfortunately, got the recipe for my all time favorite childhood bread from my mother. Now, this is far from a low fat recipe, and I'm sure I will think of ways to lighten it up soon, but not on the first batch! I've made two loaves of 'Mom's Monkey Bread" this week, because I really needed it to go with my grandmother's homemade plum jelly---it just fits together, how can I help that, right?
Chase helping roll dough.

And, here's the final problem with summer and fitness goals--peaches are now ripe at my grandmother's house. You may say to yourself, "peaches are fruit, that's ok", well not in my head! My thoughts can not stop leaning toward peach cobbler, peach crisp, peach pie, and peach ice cream---that can't be good for the midsection!!!

Now, if you throw in things like hot dogs on the grill, trips to Sonic, and late night pizzas after long days out in the pool with friends, I'm doomed!
Late afternoon at the pool.

So, there you go, I don't like (meaning, I LOVE) summer...and can't wait for it to go away (please stay here forever!).
Mmmmm, peaches....

No comments: